[DML] Re: Fuel Filter Replacement (update)

[DML] Re: Fuel Filter Replacement (update)

I got the filter from a vendor and the little elbow on the bottom of
the old filter to which the rigid line attaches fit into this
filter, so I'm guessing it's the right one.

In looking more carefully, on the rigid metal line, with the gold
cone tip, the fuel is leaking out the back of the cone tip. I can
have the nut all the way back on the rigid line away from the
connection, with the cone seated in the fuel filter hole, and there
will be no leak from the connection of the hole and the cone, but
system rest pressure makes fuel slowly seep out between the back of
the cone and the metal rigid line. Is the nut that secures the
connection supposed to have a little rubber gasket of some sort at
its top to prevent this leak from coming out the nut when it is
tightened down? Or is it possible that in disconnecting the rigid
line from the old fuel filter the rigid line got pulled away slighty
from its gold cone tip and opened this leak out the back of the tip?
I'm pretty confused, and in a world of hurt! Any help is
tremendously appreciated,

Dave