[DML] Re: Fuel Filter Replacement

Where did you get the filter? There were some being sold for a while
that
had the wrong fitting and would not seal at the bottom. Bosch
apparently makes
the filter two different ways with the same part number, so you can't
even
look at that to check. Generally the DMC vendors ship you the right
one, if you go to a foreign car parts store with the Bosch part
number you may get the wrong one.

dave

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "usndmc" <usndmc@xxxx> wrote:

> I searched the archives but couldn't find anything, so I must be
the
> only idiot who can't correctly replace a fuel filter. I reconnected
> everything but I can't stop a leak from the bottom of the filter
> where the rigid line meets the filter. It seeps out through the
back
> of the nut from the rigid line. I have been easing it this way and
> that trying to get the perfect angle with the rigid line, it looks
> nice and seated in the filter opening when I start screwing the nut
> on. Got the nut fully threaded as far as it would go and it is
still
> leaking. What is the catch? How do I properly reconnect it so there
> is no leak? Back to the garage to try some more while I wait.
Thanks