[DML] Re: Turbocharger availability

Chris,
     I have an Autometer boost gauge installed to monitor my
vacuum/boost pressure.  Phoenix is at about 1400 ft. in elevation.
After talking with Rob Grady about how I would use the car, he decided
on 5.5 PSI as the maximum setting for me.  I've hit it twice in 12,000
miles and that was for maybe a mile or so during a high speed run.
Normally when I am in boost I see 3 or 4 psi max and it is definitely
noticeable, but I'm not in boost conditions for more than a mile or
two at a time.  I just don't find the need, usually due to speed
limits....:)
     I agree though, 99% of the time I cruise around without forced
induction.  The car with its dual cat exhaust, rich mixture, and no
mufflers is faster and "peppier" than a stock DeLorean.  I was very
lucky to find my car with the Island Turbo kit already installed, and
after Rob tuned it properly it has been really quick.  If I drive with
a light foot I can see highway cruising at 75 MPH yielding 28 MPG, and
if there is significant downhill activity I can cross the 30 MPG
barrier.  Since having added a custom rear valance my mileage results
have gone up, much to my surprise.  On a sustained 90 MPH run through
the desert from Las Vegas to Phoenix I averaged 27.9 MPG over a 200
mile range.  I was leadfooting it to pass people and then there were
pockets of traffic that slowed me into the 50's, but the gas mileage
was still incredible!

Matt Olans
VIN 16816
www.az-d.org