[DML] Re: Automatic Transmission Shifter Indication Plate

[DML] Re: Automatic Transmission Shifter Indication Plate

Hey Steve...

For clarification, are you talking about the slider or the entire Top
and Lower Quadrant plate?

The Quadrant plate has plastic tabs, two on the left, and two on the
right, that hold it onto the metal "Gaiter".  The Gaiter is the metal
piece that has the two screws you removed.  Reach under the gaiter and
gently push those tabs in to remove the plate.

If you are talking about the slider...put the E-brake on.  Lift up the
back end (the side where the screw holes are) of the gaiter up, and
carefully slide the shifter into 2nd gear.  You should see the slider
come back, and make sure it doesn't tuck underneith the center
console...pull it up and out.  Pop up the plastic quadrant plate, and
carefully work the slider out of the gaiter.  Careful with the
slider...those things tend to break very easily.  If you do break it,
let me know.  I can tell you were to get a new more robust version for
a few bucks.

I hope that desciption makes sense.  Shoot me an e-mail if you need
more details.

Thanks!
Dave Jacobs