[DML] Re: a few tech questions

Jeremy, perhaps one issue with your DeLorean can be resolved by
reading the following and I quote, "On early vehicles (prior to VIN
2547), the starter solenoid's operating voltage, in certain
conditions, was not high enough to ensure a consistant, reliable
operation.  This condition was displayed by a voltage drop
characteristic in the main wiring harness on vehicles with slightly
discharged batteries.  To correct this condition a starter circuit
modification was introduced into production starting at VIN 2548".

The rest can be found at
http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/starterfix.html

My DeLorean VIN SCEDT26T4BD002261 has 17 digits unlike the one being
sold by the IRS at auction with only 16 digits.  Somewhere, somehow,
somebody left one digit out.

I feel for your DeLorean having so many issues at the same time.
Mine usually has just one or two at a time.  For example high idle
at 1,600 rpm's.  Nearly identical to Mike's problem
in message number 58751.

Mark R. Vanyo
DeVanloreanyo

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jeremy Popp" <trentjus@xxxx> wrote:

> Hello folks!  Some questions about my D:
>
> #1 I just changed the water pump and all the coolant hoses. Upon
> starting it up it idles perfect (as before) around 800 rpm.  BUT,
> after I rev the engine or take it for a spin the throttle sticks
> around 2000 rpms and will not go back down.  When i get behind the
> car and pull the throttle thing back to slow it down all I get is
> massive fluxuating Idle from 500-2000 rpm back and forth.  But,
after
> sitting 24 hours I start it again and its back to perfect idle
untill
> i rev again. So is this my throttle sticking? Or some sort of
vaccum
> leak? Keep in mind I just had everything apart from doing the
water
> pump.
>
> #2 My battery is less than a year old. If I start the car every
> single day I never have any starting/power problems. But, if I let
> the car sit say, 3 days and I try to start it I get nothing. All
my
> lights come on but when I turn the key I get absolutly nothing.
Now,