[DML] a few tech questions

Hello folks!  Some questions about my D:

#1 I just changed the water pump and all the coolant hoses. Upon
starting it up it idles perfect (as before) around 800 rpm.  BUT,
after I rev the engine or take it for a spin the throttle sticks
around 2000 rpms and will not go back down.  When i get behind the
car and pull the throttle thing back to slow it down all I get is
massive fluxuating Idle from 500-2000 rpm back and forth.  But, after
sitting 24 hours I start it again and its back to perfect idle untill
i rev again. So is this my throttle sticking? Or some sort of vaccum
leak? Keep in mind I just had everything apart from doing the water
pump.

#2 My battery is less than a year old. If I start the car every
single day I never have any starting/power problems. But, if I let
the car sit say, 3 days and I try to start it I get nothing. All my
lights come on but when I turn the key I get absolutly nothing. Now,
if I keep trying, eventually it'll turn over and its all good. The
longer it sits, the longer it takes to try to start it. But once I
start it, I can start it 100 times in a row without problems.  Is
that some sort of relay problem?

#3 When I turn the key to start the car the ignition switch/key
doesnt spring back to acessory... so after it starts i have to turn
the key back a little. Ideas?

Thanks sooo much. Details on the car:
vin 1495
24 k miles
alot of original stuff
temperature outside approx 45-50 (if that matters)

Thanks!
Jeremy Popp