[DML] Re: second otterstat this year

The functions sound correct. You should not drive with the otterstat
disabled. You will look away from the temp guage at the wrong time.
There should be no strain on the electrical system to operate the
otterstat - it just operates one or two relays depending on who's fix
you have.

I had two otterstats go bad like that a long time ago and the third
one is still in and operating fine - that was probably 10 or 12 years
ago. I wouldn't be too concerned just yet - especially if you have not
blown a fuse (no.5). If the third one goes then maybe. Be carefull
when you install the new otterstat to not damage or strain the
connectors. If the connectors are damaged, strained or moved in the
housing the otterstat could become unstable and/or malfunction.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kjc <ckevinj@xxxx> wrote:

> My second otterstat has failed this year.
> They fail in a good way-- the fans run continuous as soon as the key
is
> turned. But I am naturally worried about the strain on the
electrical system
> and about what is causing this behavior.
> If I disconnect it the fans will stop (but still engage with the
AC), but
> that is dangerous since this time of year I don't run the AC
continuously.