RE: [DML] Re: Zilla

John,

Although I have been trying to stay out of a lot of this fan conversation as
it is spread to different areas,  I feel compelled to voice some of my
person thoughts.  You module is not of a totally bad design,  it also it not
my greatest in my opinion either.  As I glance over your web site,  you
explain how your unit works by saying, (must have changed you page), "cause
of the wiring".  Which doesn't really explain much to me.  I have been able
to explain feature by feature how it helps the orgional problems.  When I
was working on my unit I had talked to individual with 25 years of
experiance a few times, and he provided me with real world information on
what he wanted to see, from real world happens,  not some assumptions you
made.  I still do not understand how your unit fixes any problems.  I mean
yes there are 2 relays which is great because of failure,  but there not
even sealed (and we have seen how unsealed relays hold up in the orgional
lock module).  You seem to use all crimp on connectors, almost no electrical
components.  I believe a quality product should incorporate a little more
for $140.  Each module I sell has a production quality circuit boards,  real
electronics (go figure), all soldered connections, and a real method I could
explain to anyone how and why it helps the car out.  I believe if I grabbed
2 people at random, and showed them both our units opened,  they would see
mine as a quality production unit.  And David is right, you get what you pay
for, and yes any sophisticated electronic unit has a higher initial failure
then a few spade connectors and 2 relays.  Everyone has had a bad electronic
device in there time,  but once replaced it last for years.  This should not
be a battle over who built what better.  If Fanzilla was around I never
would have built my unit.  But they were not for me,  so we move on.  In
comparison to you I built a better mouse, with information from individuals
who have worked on the cars since they were new.  When Fanzillia's are back,
I'm sure my production will stop.  Lets just give all of this up,  you have
the market for the lower cost unit, and mine for the slighty more expensive.

-Shain