RE: [DML] Re: Zilla

David,
>From what Tom is saying there should never be a failure if it is tested
properly and tested over many, many cars. Even thought the instructions say
works on stock wiring and you don't know the condition or if it's stock or
not. You plug it in and in a short while it fails for some reason.  Then, I
am hearing that the Zilla's never fail. Then you just said one failed.
Am I missing something. I have had 2 fail out of 200 and both are fuse
holders that failed, nothing else and in talking with the factory could have
been their manufacturing error. They are rated 30 amp and on a max of 15 amp
draw should have worked just fine. I'm looking at the Bussmann catalog and
black fuse holders are rated 20 amps. I'm a little confused over such a bad
product I build. Again, I know the Zilla has been around for a long time and
has a good track record, but everything as to start somewhere at sometime.
So, let's look back in a year and see how the new Box is going to do.
John Hervey

-----Original Message-----
From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
David Teitelbaum
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 12:39 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Zilla

Most people have NO IDEA the amount of development and testing that
goes into a product like a Zilla or any other of the better upgraded
parts that venders make available. Many of the cars have had their
wiring modified or maybe just burnt up. Then the owner expects to just
plug in a new upgrade and is unhappy when it doesn't work.
[modderator snip]