[DML] Newbie Owner - First Question

Hello everyone.

I've been lurking here for quite some time as I've had an interest in
buying a DMC - finally bought one this month!

There is so much that I have to learn but my first question is:

What the heck is "Negative Earth"?  What about this vehicle's
electrical system gives it that classification?  One thing that the
owner made me aware of is that over time, the battery will lose its
charge.  After about two weeks I am starting to notice that.  It still
starts, but gradually it is losing it.

I bought a charger, the "trickle" kind that will automatically shut
off when the battery is charged, but I don't want to F up my DMC by
doing something stupid.

What is the proper method for charging a battery on a DMC?  Also, are
there any good walkthroughs or sites of interest that have to do with
the electrical system that would be good for a newbie like myself?  I
really want to learn more about the car and start checking stuff out
for myself.

Thanks!

Bill
06976