[DML] Re: Newbie Owner - First Question

"Negative Earth" is just the English way of saying negative ground.
The "proper" way to recharge a battery is to remove it from the car
and charge it slowly. If you do decide to charge it in the car use the
jumper post in the engine compartment and hook the black (negative)
lead to the motor. If the battery goes dead quickly have the batttery
tested. If it is old or ever frozen it will not have much capacity. If
the battery still goes dead quickly (within 2 weeks) either install a
master switch or find and fix the problem draining the battery. One
very common problem is the door lights. If the rubber boots are
missing from the plungers the switch is not pushed all the way in and
the lights stay on. Disconnect the lock module unless it jas been
upgraded. Make sure all the recalls have been done. Change ALL the
fluids. Check your tire pressures as per the label in the glove box.
Go over to dmcnews.com and look over the technical section under
electrical for the wiring. Get a Workshop and Parts manual. Register
on the DoD. Join a local owner's group and attend the events, other
owners will help you.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757