[DML] Re: Engine vacuum problems?

Pul the intake manifold. One of the "O" rings to one of the holes in
the cylinder head is not sealing. You should be able to get 18" at
idle. The other possability is a leak in the large hose going to the
vacuum booster for the brakes. Pull it off and plug it and then see if
the vacuum gets any higher. It is the large hose coming off the front
of the intake on the right side. The air tube should be snug, you can
see it from inside the venturi. Make sure the "O" ring is sealing and
the tube is all the way in. Use a bit of silicon on it and the "O"
rings on the intake manifold to cylinder head. Make sure the intake
manifold is properly positioned and sealing fully when tightened up.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757