Re: [DML] Re: What else used our alternators?

Re: [DML] Re: What else used our alternators?

Now that's a very strange theory about religious converters
and Deloreans.

Have you ever thought about what could happen if people set the mixture too
rich ? I mean some guys here set their cars by ear or nose which
may lead to a rich mixture and the cat will glow, too.
Or when a Spark plug fails - will the car burn, too ?

I had a glowing cat on my car in the past, the epoxy showed heat
problems, but the fibre glass was perfect. (probably one plug was bad or the
mixture was way off).
And nobody will drive around for too long with a really bad alternator.
First you see it on the volt gauge and then the car will run like crap, too.

For sure there are other reasons why the car could burn or the cat overheat,
but I really doubt that the alternator is a main reason.
Biggest problem of the alternators is, that they don't produce enough
current at low rpms. Above 1200-1500 everything is fine.

This is the first time I hear that theory - and I don't believe it !

Elvis & 6548