[DML] Re: DeLorean Dealerships selling every D they could get

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "d_rex_2002" <rich@xxxx> wrote:
> It seems more and more rare to hear the "good" stories about

Ok,Here's a good win-win positive story:

After I bought vin 16686,which needed Much work,I was debating
weather to part or fix, so I stored 16686,until I could figure out
what to do with it,then out of the blue,The dealership,that I bought
16686 from called me up,and asked me if I was interested in parting
out 16686,as someone else called about buying 16686,(they wanted it
to fix their burnt D)but he told him that it had been sold,but would
pass on his Telephone number to me,so I gave him a call and he told
me,that he had a Delorean that had a engine fire(see posting 57310 )
Anyway at that time I had a 1981 Delorean that was A True 100 point
car (this was in 1986)( this was after the release of the BTTF movies
and the car was now gathering positive interest ) this was a 100%
unmolested and original D right down to the battery,with 0 flaws and
everything worked PERFECT ! Even the LED on the radio and windows!!
Anyway he owned a machine shop, and had his D stored in the back room
in the loading dock area,so we made arraignments to meet at his
shop,so I figured,I
would drive my Delorean to meet him at his shop,and take a look at
his Delorean and see what "he might need " to fix his Delorean,So I
get there and go to his office and introduce myself,and told him I
had driven my Delorean to meet him,so first he shows me his
Delorean,and how it Burnt(see posting 57310 for a possible
explanation of the fire on his car)and after looking at his D,I told
Him that (16686),had ALL the parts needed to fix his car,so we were
almost coming to a agreement for me to sell him the parts to fix his
car,when I told him to see what a REALLY NICE Delorean looks like,so
we go out to his shop parking lot, he sees my Delorean,(parking lot
was in front,loading dock in back)and it was Love at first sight for
him! HE had to have my Delorean--HE HAD TO HAVE IT ! (it was that
clean)So we worked out a deal,instead of selling him parts,off of
16686,I would sell him my 81 D,and I would Deduct his burnt car off
my selling price,so Now I had the parts to fix 16686,and he got
a "instant" fix for his Delorean "fix".-- A win-win deal ! So
needless to say we
became friends,and 4 months later,after what was a almost full time
job(every spare minute I had) 16686 was back on the Road.Little did I
know this car would still be in use in 2005 and still being used
today, and even showcased on some Delorean magazines! But for a
brief moment it "almost" became a parts car! Once by me, and, had I
not bought it.(It would have most likely been bought by the guy that
bought my 81 D,and he would have used it to fix his burnt car)Another
D that almost "bit the dust" but made it to be around today.Much as
the Burnt car  above is now(the donor car to fix 16686) Repaired and
ready for the road again(from what I have seen)another car to see the
year 2005 and beyond. positive win-win for all Delorean lovers now
and in the future...
Cbl