[DML] Re: DeLorean Dealerships selling every D they could get

[DML] Re: DeLorean Dealerships selling every D they could get

You brought up a very interesting point. In my area too there were
dealers "greymarketing" Deloreans. They were not "official" Delorean
dealers. I guess the "official" dealers would sell the car to anyone
for enough money. I wonder what the service arrangements were going to
be? Maybe they would send the car over to the "official" dealer and
not let the customer know. Anyway I have see several examples of that
having happened. And then I guess after the beginning many dealers
wound up with the cars as trade-ins. Although most of the cars I have
seen the chain-of-ownership shows that once they were sold by the
origionating dealer the cars stayed in private hands. I admit it is
hard to tell because a dealer would not have titled the car. Same deal
for auctions. BTW I can understand how the initial order of Deloreans
would have sold out before they arrived, but sales fell off once they
did arrive and the reviews were less than anticipated.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757