[DML] Noisy Fuel Pump (was: my first Delorean; vin11501 (a bit long))

[DML] Noisy Fuel Pump (was: my first Delorean; vin11501 (a bit long))

Probably lots of reasons for a noisy fuel pump, but if it's happening
only after extended use (mine took about 45 mins), you might consider
fuel temps becoming excessively high due to radiator heat blowing back
over the fuel tank.  The pump will eventually stop pumping (at least
mine did).  Have a dubious wife as a passenger at the time and the
questions about why you bought a D will start anew (trust me on this).

You might try a $30 indoor/outdoor thermometer with the outdoor probe
on top of the outer fuel pump boot (mine is between the two fuel
lines) or some other form of temp gauge.  Keep an eye on the temps
while you drive. See if the noise starts when the temps are
excessively higher than when the pump was quiet.

Heat shields and other methods are available to keep the fuel temp
down if that is your problem.

Marv
#10820