Re: [DML] Factory cost

 I remember,I think it was back in late 1983 or early  1984, I drove
a friends of Mines, 1 year old,Mercedes 380SEL from CT. to Sarasota
Fla. and I happen to drive by a Huge Delorean dealership(mainly I
think it was a GM dealership) Anyway Since I had Gotten to
Florida,ahead of Schedule,I decided to pop in the DMC dealership(They
had at least 20-30 Deloreans sitting at This Dealership (all NEW! and
everywhere you could see!) And I acted like I wanted to Trade-in the
Mercedes,which of course they were excited to do!(Since their DMC
part of the Dealership was just there UNTIL they sold off the last of
the Deloreans,they were more than happy to work out a deal)Anyway I
remember I could GET a Brand new Delorean as LOW as 13K ($12,999.95
for a left over 81 and for a 82 for 13,999.95 and 14,999.95 for a 83
model)(with NO trade-in) and if I "used" the Mercedes(remember it was
not my car)as a trade-in on a Delorean on a twofer deal,meaning a
His and hers Deal package(my girlfriend at the time came with me on
the trip) almost nothing!!(the Mercedes would have covered the
purchase of a twin pack of Deloreans,except for the taxes!! They were
just desperate to unload them at the time(because of the JZD-Cocaine
stigma,and no factory to backup the cars,and wanting to unload the
DMC's and that part of the Dealership)And not being a very hot seller
at the time.But it was cool,how they had them in front of the
Dealership entrance(as I drove in) and by the Front doors as you
walked into the Dealership,(six by the front doors) displayed at
different angles,some with
doors open!(I wish I had taken a pic!)

Cbl

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw@xxxx> wrote:
> I purchased #05962 from the original owner with 3K miles.  It now
has 8K
> miles.  I have the original invoice which shows it at $25,000
plus "US
> Processing Charges" $600 and 3 speed automatic transmission at
$575.  Total
> $26,825.   Built October 81 and sold October 12, 1982 a year
later.  The
> original owner paid $19,950 including all charges except the usual
taxes and
> license fees.He told me he purchased it the day the drug fiasco
came out in
> the news and people were flocking to the dealerships to buy
them......He
> said he purchased it on a weekend and the dealer called him and
told him if
> his checked bounced, to return the car as he could sell it for
35K!!
> Incidentally the Seattle Times took pix of his wife with the car
and ran it
> the same day as the drug bust with JDZ in cuffs....it hit
Associated Press