[DML] Looking and Thinking about buying a DeLorean and bringing it to Au

[DML] Looking and Thinking about buying a DeLorean and bringing it to Australia

Hi everyone
 Well its been a long time now but after saving every penny i could, i feel that im at a point where i can start looking for my dream car. Of course the DeLorean. Now the problem i have is the fact that i live in Australia. While DeLoreans do come up for sale here every so often they are not as readily available as they are in the US. I have to plans for finding myself a DeLorean. The first is to find one already here which as mentioned can be difficult. The second option is to import one from the US. Hopefully if anyone in Australia who also uses this board knows of any owners here or of any car here for sale to please contact me. As for importing a DeLorean im not to sure where to go. I have noticed that there are DeLorean companys in the US such as DMCH which sell preowned cars but I am unsure as to to the availability of cars and shipping from here. Also as to whether a company like this or any of the other big DeLorean companys would have what or i wanted or if they would be
 able to get in what i wanted. I would prefer to stay away from such things as ebay as i feel they are very risky. Another option is to buy one from a private owner or someone from the DML. But again i feel unsure about this and being so far from the car makes it difficult. I would need the opinion of some professionals to make a decisions and give me info on the car.
 Now the type of car i would like. I am hoping to find a driveable car. I dont want a perfect DeLorean but the better condition the car is in the better. I want to be able to do small things to it. It doesnt have to be in pristine condition. I was hoping for something around $18000 US about $20000 Australian maybe even better. Hopefully a 5 speed manual DeLorean preferably grey interior but black is alirght. Any model year is alright but i would prefer a car without the gas flap hood but again it is not a major issue. If any body has some ideas for me about the sort of car i should be looking for, prices and shipping please reply to this message. Im taking my time in trying to find just the right car for me. Thank you to everybody on this board i always enjoy reading your posts learning as much about the car as i can.
 From Scott