Re: [DML] Factory cost

I purchased #05962 from the original owner with 3K miles.  It now has 8K
miles.  I have the original invoice which shows it at $25,000 plus "US
Processing Charges" $600 and 3 speed automatic transmission at $575.  Total
$26,825.   Built October 81 and sold October 12, 1982 a year later.  The
original owner paid $19,950 including all charges except the usual taxes and
license fees.He told me he purchased it the day the drug fiasco came out in
the news and people were flocking to the dealerships to buy them......He
said he purchased it on a weekend and the dealer called him and told him if
his checked bounced, to return the car as he could sell it for 35K!!
Incidentally the Seattle Times took pix of his wife with the car and ran it
the same day as the drug bust with JDZ in cuffs....it hit Associated Press
and he showed us copies of the pix and articles, from all over the world,
including London, New York, Florida etc.   HE gave me some of them.  FWIW
Dept.
Murray
Vin: 05962
Lic:  DMC-XII