[DML] Re: Legend Turbo Deloreans, factory and others

[DML] Re: Legend Turbo Deloreans, factory and others

Please reread message 57054.(it tells why)Again Qpanels/rear facsia
were not the orignal/nor were those to be the perament panels,I HAD
so Many MANY (all orignal NCT/Tires/rims as stated below(in fact I
had Nothing but orignal tires and rims)Tires got changed around,have
your tires never been seperated from you "D" as you will notice on
some shots,Springs/shocks were redone wheels came off,putting the
wheels back on I grabbed the wrong wheel at one point.If you look at
vin 16686 I put a grooved hood on it(83's had flat plane hoods) It S--
T happens,I did not even relize until a DML'er mentioned it when it
was on Ebay and posted that fact here,a long time ago(the car is now
living in the UK,by the way 16686 WAS on the Cover of the UK version
of DW called interesting enough called Deloreanews.(it waslast owned
by Stuart
Alexander 2005) Preproduction is what was gleamed from the 1987
edition of Delorean World August edition(or around there) which
stated that fact, about the 500-mid 600 series cars.I did NOT make it
up,And all that info was gleamed from TOP SOURCES,by DW! Grime NONE
dust Plenty as the cars did sit covered for a Long Long time.As for
new parts one car WAS/HAD all NEW parts(car in my home garage,(plus
Donor car)as that car recieved all the DONOR parts(to go with it)
from a(believe it or not)a one MONTH old DELOREAN,the car was Totaled
one month after its birthdate,(2k miles)I picked it(bought it)up(and
paid BIG BUCKS for it) when the factory was still in business(1982)I
think that would qualify as new,or at least as close to new as you
can get.That was the car that started the  balljoint recall by DMC,
(first car with balljoint failure at speed!)as it was involved in a
major accident on the Mass Pike breaking a balljoint at high speed
going headon onto the other side,causing a fatality,causing a major
lawsuit(I did a investigation into that car as I wanted to restore it
as at that time Deloreans were worth big bucks,and again was a month
old,but Mass Motor Vehicles(and the sueing insurance companies made
sure that car could/would never see license plates again.So no choice
but to become a donor car.The highest mileage "D" I owned had 33K on
it,average was 12K,red car had 22K,570 had I think 9K,the one at my
house had 3k,Donor car 2K(above) vin 16686 had 13K (when I sold it)
and one more that I sold previous had 10K.All cars were parked
indoors at 90degrees to the garage doors,(at both locations)so
Yea,they would be hard to get out,expecially in my home garage with 3
long term stored cars,in a two car garage.The old catch 22.. cars
don't get moved,so you cover them UP,You need room for other stuff,so
items get packed around what doesn't get moved,or on top(Donor car)
next thing you know,you need to get to it,but..Who on this list never
had that problem on a long term restore.That part about no front
suspension,Correct,as described above the Donor car had a dead front
suspension,but then again, EVEN my donor cars,I had enough respect to
squeeze it into my home garage,or was it better for me to have stored
it outside to rot! Again remember it WAS a parts car,and nothing I
could do to the front end to "make it roll".(the parts car had no
Black body on it,just the full drivetrain,minus as you said the parts
of front suspension,but again it WAS a 2k INDOOR stored parts car.
Now please DO NOT start to also pick on my Bricklin and start calling
that a P.O.S...;> oboy... here we go... ;<
If you have any more questions,I would gladly answer them.
Regards
CBL

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxx>
wrote:
> When 570 was removed from your "indoor storage" it was in sad shape.
> The front suspension was removed and we had to stick a dolly under
it
> so we could move it. We had to be careful how we handled it, all the
> panels were just laying on the body, nothing fastened. It was
covered