[DML] Re: Legal or Tampering?

I'm not a lawyer, either, but we went through this with our exhaust,
and found the same website and used it to our advantage.

In the first paragraph, to wit:

The only exception to the tampering rule is the need to install a new
certified emission control system or device which is equally effective
in reducing vehicle emissions.

and furthermore:

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) anti-tampering
enforcement policy is covered under the provisions of Mobile Source
Enforcement Memorandum No. 1A. This policy states that the EPA will
not consider any modification to a certified configuration to be a
violation of federal law if there is a reasonable basis that emissions
are not adversely affected.

And in conclusion, who knows why sharks won't eat lawyers?

James

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "denverdelorean" <denverdelorean@xxxx>