[DML] Bob's AC problems.

We have discussed your AC issues a number of times
Bob.

Have you checked the things that have been mentioned?
Most importantly, the HIGH and LOW pressure readings
(simultaneously).

Your belt probably broke because the compressor is
working too hard..  The same reason the car runs hot
with the AC on.  The higher the pressure, the more
heat there is on the "high" side.

Keep in mind, the cooling effect comes from the LOW
side of the system.  The suction of freon IN TO the
compressor.  So, if you have some sort of restriction
causing a high pressure condition, the car may still
get cold.  That does not mean the system is operating
correctly.

I'd guess if you had a high-pressure cutoff switch,
the car would not get so cold.

http://mail.yahoo.com