[DML] Re: Stolen in Seattle

Re: Stolen in Seattle

Chances are it was NOT stolen for its parts,but for the whole
car,switch the vin plates from a junker(with a good title) and you
have a instant Delorean in which to make a "quick" 10K or MORE as a
seller!!
If the "D" was driven away,it could be possible,that someone got a
hold/came across a "spare" set of keys from a P.O. as I STILL have
my "spare" set of keys for vin# 16686(forgotten keys,came across them
about a year ago, that I sold in 1988!! But I would have to travel to
the U.K.(Britain) to be able to use them.
But what I really see is SOMEONE who bought a wrecked Delorean WITH a
clean title,possibly a burnt car,and if you really know Deloreans,it
is a VERY simple task to change Vin tags,and you will NOT be able to
tell that they were switched,since Deloreans have no other vin tags
except the two obvious tags,and since all  original  Deloreans look
alike,chances are the thief will remove ALL owner customized
accessories,and install original equipment,to make it "blend in".
Chances are if the car disappears into "thin air" it is because it
resurfaced with different vin tags. Hopefully I am wrong on the two
above assumptions.I would say keep a close eye on Ebay(or elsewhere)
on someone selling tons of spare parts(the car the vin plates came
from,and also selling a Delorean with details not matching the vin
numbers/year(radio/led clock/wheel colors/antennae/grab handle
straps/ect.The big giveaway would be the windshield antennae(if it
still has it) with a much later vin number.

Just my suspicions
Claude

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob@xxxx>