[DML] Re: Door Handles

Hi Matt.....

If there is anything else broken, you'll get to see it when you take
the interior paneling out.  It's probably just the handle.  They
aren't very strong.  Good luck with the metal handle.  I almost bought
one, but in the end was able to fix my plastic one.  Replacing the
handle is more difficult than a first guess would suggest if you
haven't done inside-the-door stuff before, but a mechanically inclined
person can pull it off with some patience.  The hardest part is
getting the trim out of the way.

If the handle broke as a result of the door jamming on the seatbelt,
and you then unconsciously pulled extra hard on the handle (that's how
I broke mine), than there are probably no other broken parts.

Rick Gendreau