speedometer standard well into the 1980s. "

From: (http://www.siemensvdo.com/com/pressarticle2002.asp?ArticleID=11001e)

This is especially true with electronic sensors.

Nick
---

Funny, I played with that stuff, too years ago.

I guess it could work but you would have to connect it almost
directly to the speedo. You'd have to get rid of the cables
and the lambda counter as they would need too much force to be
turned. Without that stuff a small motor should be able to drive
the speedo and odometer.
I had some motors with a very soft commutation that may be perfect
for this. Maybe I still can find some of them, we don't produce
them anymore for more than 10 years....

funny...
Elvis