[DML] Speedo Insight...

I was putting the angle drive back in when it dawned on me what could be the
problem and may be the problem for many others as well.  If the angle drive
cable does not go through far enough it will not fully seat in the plastic
cup.  Then as you drive, the cable slips in the cup and the speedo jumps
around.  It appears that the cable distance protruding from the axle can be
affected by the position of the axle's two retaining nuts.  One being the
outer nut and the other the Angle drive nut.  I cannot confirm this theory
since I do not have a good angle drive cable ( it got chewed up at the end).

??? What is the correct distance that the angle drive cable protrudes from
the end of the axle?

For day one of owning this car I've fought with this.  I changed the lower
cable, disassembled the lambda counter, changed angle drives, and put in new
cups.  The speedometer always would jump around.  I suspected that the cable
was slipping in the lambda counter but have not been able to confirm one way
or another.

Just some food for thought,

Nick