Re: [DML] Anyone got anything clever?

Living in canada, you wouldnt believe how many people think the delorean is a bricklin. Most people confuse the two here.

lordshill@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hello to all: Went to my first major show since I bought the D in May and
have to say it was strange. This is a show that I go to almost every year put
on by the Buffalo Octagon Association. I usually attend with a couple of MGs
and am a member of the club that puts it on. First they put me in the
European imports, simply because they had no idea as to where to put the D.
First one they ever had there. I informed them that it was Irish and should go
into British Sports. They offered to change my class but the balloting had
already started so I declined. I wanted to see how it would do against a whole
bunch of Porsche and BMW. The best question that I had all day was from a
woman who asked me if I had bought it from a doctor she knew because it was
the same color as the one he had. I had the usual strange questions about: (1)
the Flux capacitor (2) how to clean the stainless steel; (3) cost; (4) Isn't
that a ford engine?. Most of the questions and comments were very positive
and for that I was happy. Derek , from the list, stopped by on his way to
the chicken wing festival and we had a good conversation about the cars in
general. At the end of the Day the D took third in class against a shit load of
Porches and BMWs. Not bad for being in the wrong class.

Roy #0893