[DML] Re: Idle drops too fast

Did this just start to happen or is it in conjunction with something
you have done? It makes a difference in where to start looking.

If it just started you probably have a problem with the idle motor
becoming sticky. You can remove the hose connecting it to the cold-
start valve and spray some Marvel Mystery Oil in it. Check the
connections at the ignition coil - this is where the RPMs start to be
monitored - also check the position of turn-on of the idle speed micro-
switch. There is an adjustment procedures somewhere in the manual but
a quick look did not locate it - I just set it so that the switch
turns on just as the throttle plates start to open. If the switch is
set so the idle motor comes on too soon the idle motor is completely
closed when the throttle plates close and the idle motor has a big
adjustment to make to speed up the engine - which usually accounts for
some lag. A sticky micro-switch (internally) can cause the same
problem (replace it), poor connections can too (try disconnecting and
reconnecting all connections on the idle speed motor, engine grounds,
fuse, etc., to improve contact).

The engine has to be in good tune and free of vacuum leaks for the
idle circuit to function properly - which means, you need to examine
all the vacuum hoses, connections, etc., to see if the idle motor is
being affected by some other issue.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "painterdave72" <painterdave72@xxxx>