[DML] Re: Intake Manifold Bolts

Try using a universal or a flex socket (a socket with a universal
built in) You will not be able to reach it with a box or open end
wrench. Unless it is really stuck you should be able to get it with an
11 mm socket and a long extention. It may not fit exactly flat onto
the head but unless the head is munched up you should be able to
loosen it. One "trick" is to tighten a little, loosen a little,
tighten, loosen. Go back and forth until you get it loose. This can be
dangerous, if the bolt is frozen you will twist the head off. Probably
going to happen no matter what you do if it is stuck. Another trick is
to tap it with a hammer to "shock" the corrosion and maybe loosen it.
Figure it may break and you will be drilling it out but maybe you will
get lucky? Only 1, you're not doing too bad! I generally break 2.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757