[DML] Re: Pre-pressurizing oil before cold start:

[DML] Re: Pre-pressurizing oil before cold start:

You can keep the car from starting by lifting the inertia switch
under the dash (opens fuel pump ground) or removing the fuel pump
fuse. Grounding out the ignition is not a good idea on most modern
cars. You could also disconnect the smaller wires on the coil, but
shutting off the fuel is preferable (then you won't flood it either).

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ctdmc83" <nmastrocinque@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> Two things related to pre-pressurizing oil before starting a
Delorean:

> 1.  I haven't started my 83 in about six months.  I have changed
the
> oil and filter, and I want to ground the spark and crank the engine
for
> five or 10 seconds maximum to circulate the new oil and build up
the
> oil pressure somewhat before re-connecting the spark and starting
it.