[DML] Re: Pre-pressurizing oil before cold start:

[DML] Re: Pre-pressurizing oil before cold start:

If you want to be extra cautious do this:
Disconnect one of the small wires on the ignition coil
Lift the plunger on the inertia switch
Remove the spark plugs and squirt some oil in
Rotate the engine by hand at least 1 complete revolution
Make sure the engine has oil in it at least up to the add mark
Hook up a mechanical pressure gauge
NOW crank the motor over with the starter until you see oil pressure
Put everything back together and run the motor till it gets to
operating temperature.
Change the oil and filter
There is no good way to pressurize the oil system like on a Ford or
Chrysler with a primer rod and electric drill.
This is kind of overkill for 6 months storage. This is the kind of
procedure you do on a motor of unknown condition in "storage" (Ha Ha)
for many years. For just 6 months you should have no problem if the
oil is OK and the car was not in a flood.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757