[DML] Re: Troubles-updated/flames from exhaust

[DML] Re: Troubles-updated/flames from exhaust

Check out the valves today-my #6 intake tappet loosened so had too
much clearance, once I adjusted that the loud knock went away. While
I don't have 3 ft [thank god] it was a good 6 inches on a good fire.
My fuel distributor is just purchased from SpecialTAuto. The last
one started making loud shrieking and suddenly raw gas was POURING
out the tail pipe. Once I got the new one on it took half an hour
just to burn all the fuel soaked in the muffler out-looked like my
old 66 thunderbird with a half blown 390-smoke everywhere.
Nonetheless, I know the FD is good to go. To help in my future
problems I got an order in with JC Whitney for a Bosch CIS K-Jet
fuel test kit, only 56 bucks! I'm very hesitant with touching the CO
now-now that my FV is running tip-top; and the exhaust smells fine
with no color. I was under the car today after pressurizing the
system, I looked all over the accumulator and lines there is nothing
leaking, looked at the fuel filter and that isn't leaking. As I
mentioned the pump check valve is new and the boot and lines aren't
leaking so I'm a bit baffled now. There is definitely a smell of
fuel around it though, tomorrow I'll jump the pump while looking. I
did the tune up weeks ago, and pulled #1 & #6 plugs today to
determine TDC and stroke; +4s look like number 3 on John Hervey's
spark plug Analysis chart-carbon deposits. After those 2, I checked
them all and they're all like this. I'll check timing again tomorrow
just for kicks. As is now, car sounds good with good power so I'm
happy. Just a few more things to do before [I hope] it's back to
running like it should. Thanks for the posts guys! -----Dani B. #5003