[DML] Troubles-updated/flames from exhaust

[DML] Troubles-updated/flames from exhaust

Yea?flames?but I'll get to that later-I'll start by
mentioning the
work I did. I removing the intake to find that the #4 O-ring was
leaking (oily substance dripping down from the ring), so I cleaned
all grooves with a Q-tip and rotor cleaner and smeared a light coat
of hi-temp silicone over the rings. I also did a vacuum test,
plugging in my gauge left side intake barb. My gauge jumped madly
between 16~17 and 19 in HG, and stayed like this even while revving
up, increased over 20 when I let off the throttle-which is normal.
But is the vacuum reading at idle something I should be concerned
about or is this good? Leaving the vacuum lines hooked up or
stopping them did not impact the reading. Also while dealing with
the intake rings- I cleaned the contacts of all sensors in the water
pipe and put it all back together again. Playing with the FV today-
Just for kicks I took out the jumper wire I installed in the full
throttle switch and after adjusting the CO once again, Bingo-the FV
runs constant! I still have a warm-up and hard start problem though,
but I know the starting is from a leak in the system somewhere
because every time I go to start the car, even a half an hour after
shutting it down; the accumulator needs to fill. I can tell because
I can hear the spring in the accumulator kinking under compression.
There is a strong odor of fuel outside the car and sometimes inside,
so I'd doubt my accumulator decided to quit; its only 4 years old
at
best. Odor is coming from??? Not sure, not from the engine bay and
the trunk always has light smell of gas but I checked the pump and
the boot isn't leaking. This leaves the lines and everything
under
the car. I'm going through gas quicker then normal so leak is my
guess. Now for the flames thing, I was still tinkering with the car
in the dark and figured while I had the car running I'd try the
flashlight to see exhaust smoke like others recommended. Well I did
this both at idle and while revving the car and noticed a
whitish/bluish puff of smoke when I hit the spool to rev the car and
sharply let off. I shut the light off and turns out this wasn't
smoke at all, but flames! When I sharply rev and let off, the
muffler cracks while blowing small flames from both pipes. I have no
catalytics installed yet. I also have a loud knocking valve on the
left [4-6] bank I'm investigating. Could this be from bad valve
timing? I checked all valve lash on this bank and they're all
fine?
If anyone has any suggestions or comments on any of this, I'd
appreciate it. Thank you all for your help and KEEP YOUR DELO DRY
down south! Hope everyone affected is okay and stays safe! -----Dani
B. #5003