[DML] Re: Is it possible...replacing fuel line from accumulator to filte

[DML] Re: Is it possible...replacing fuel line from accumulator to filter

Whatever you do you must be ABSOLUTELY SURE that the lines and the
fittings can handle the pressure. The body CAN be lifted. You have to
remove all the body bolts. It is now time to call your favorite
Delorean vendor and order the lines and they can give you the detailed
advice you will need. If you cobble together some hose and some hose
clamps from your local Autozone you will be asking for trouble. This
is one area where you cannot skimp on safety. If you have a large fuel
leak in this area and it gets to the exhaust system just a little
further behind you could have an inferno. Even a small leak can become
a blowtorch and quickly destroy the car. I would not trust the line
you had made. Most shops do not have the proper type fittings.
Although they may look right they may not be correct. In any case you
probably spent more for them to make up the line than the Delorean
vendors would have charged. One thing you are correct about. If you do
not use the right parts changing the accumulator "could" kill you!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757