[DML] Is it possible...replacing fuel line from accumulator to filter

[DML] Is it possible...replacing fuel line from accumulator to filter

Well, this accumulator job is about to kill me.  In the process of
getting it off, the line that connects to the fuel filter bent close
to the pressure fitting.  Getting two pairs of pliers in there to bend
it back so the nut would go over the pressure fitting was impossible,
so we removed the line altogether.  Getting it out was destroying it
anyway, so it got cut into two or three pieces and removed.  Now, I
had a new one made today, identical to the original, and getting it in
is driving me crazy.  I'd swear that the body needs to be lifted off
the frame a bit to get it around the frame and into the fuel
accumulator cavity.  Is this even possible, or am I wasting my time?
I tried to have it re-made with a flexible line with the proper
fitting on each end, but the hydrolic shop told me they couldn't make
it like that.

So, can this be installed from under the car with the steel tubing hose?

My next option I see is to buy about 4 feet of high pressure fuel
hose, cut about an inch off of each end of the steel tube with the
fittings, then jam that inch of steel tubing I would cut off in the
end of the high pressure hose and clamp the hose down around it tight.
 I figure this will allow me to snake it through the frame easier than
the solid metal line, and it will have the proper fittings to connect
to the accumulator and fuel filter.  Giving it extra length should
make it easier to hook up the accumulator under the car, then insert
it through the access hole in the frame and bolt the bracket in that
holds it up.

Any tips or advice?

-Patrick C.
1880