Re: [DML] Re: Need advise

That is interesting.  Did anyone measure the temp on the standard,
plastic bottle?  I'd guess that would be the coolest of all.  (Although,
the metal ones "look" the coolest!)  I know the metal tanks look nice,
but if I can't see spending that much on a cosmetic upgrade (admittedly,
a nice one) that detracts from coolant performance to boot, I'm now
wondering if I should replace my soon-to-fail plastic tank with another
stock one.  Anybody have any input on this?  I was actually considering
a stainless one.  Who makes the aluminum one - I thought they were all
stainless from DMC, PJG & Special-T...

Regarding the fuel sender, I have the DMCH one and it is FAR better than
the stock, but it still leaks a teeny bit when my tank is filled up to
the max, even with the new, supplied seal.  Still, I'm pretty happy with
it and the price was fair.  I couldn't spend the extra cost for the
'Zilla, but I hear it's good too, and uses the DMCH sender unit anyhow.
Is this correct?  I don't wanna spread misinformation...

- ed
1982 DMC-12 (11594)

Johnny Sawyer wrote:

>You might find this a little interesting:  During one of our club
>events, somone brought a laser thermometer and measured the temp on my
>aluminum bottle vs. the stainless.  The aluminum was about 20 degrees
>cooler and I had arrived about the same time as the other person with
>the stainless bottle.
>
>The DMCH fuel sender works, but in my opinion, isn't EXACTLY correct.
> But at least it's better than what I had before.
>
>Johnny
>5518

[moderator snip]