Re: [DML] Emissions

The short answer is probably that the Federal Government is not
requiring the State of Washington to measure it so why spend to do it
if they don't have to? The Federal Government has different
requirements for every State depending on the local air quality,
population density, industry, etc. As an example, not all States have
had to put vapor recovery on gasoline dispensing nozzels, at least not
yet. The States have to show compliance with the Federal Government to
continue to get Federal money so they will do only what they HAVE to
do to keep the money coming. California is one of the exceptions, they
try to do MORE than the Federal government requires. In any case if
the other #'s are good then the NOx will usually be OK. There is not a
whole lot you can do to affect NOx.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757