[DML] Ignorant People (was: Re: Ignorant DJ)

[DML] Ignorant People (was: Re: Ignorant DJ)

I've had LOTS of experience with that, and I've only had my car for 5
years. When it first happened, I honestly didn't know how to approach
it, so I shrugged allot of it off. But over time, I started firing
back at people. Especially if it was in a group of people. If they
said some sort of misinformation, or had their facts wrong, I'd call
them on it right there. "Smuggling coke in the cars? And where
exactly did you hear this?" From there I'd just tear them down in
front of everyone. "Ok. So you know this as fact, because you once
heard it from someone who's name you can't even remember?" You'd be
amazed how quickly people become red-faced, and lose respect among
people in a crowd. And you don't even need to be mean. Just
confidently question them, and they'll back down.

The last time this happened, I was at the SoCal speedshop here in
Vegas with a buddy of mine browsing around last March. The old guy
behind the counter saw my DeLorean shirt, and asked me if I owned
one. And then out of no where, makes some snyde comment about how
John DeLorean loved cocaine. Not only did kindly inform him that he
was wrong, and proceeded to ask him how exactly he knew this, I
followed him around the store for another 3-4 minutes aruging while
he was trying to ignore me! Once he cried "uncle" and admitted that
he had never actually heard any of this (in the middle of the store
mind you), I left him alone.

I enjoy educating people about my car, the man, and the company. But
sometimes, I seem to have go that "extra mile" to set people
straight...

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"