Re: Whats YOUR mileage?? (Was [DML] Ignorant DJ)

Re: Whats YOUR mileage?? (Was [DML] Ignorant DJ)

I just rolled over 35,000 last month.  The most miles I have put on
my car so far were driving from Detroit to Houston and back for the
show at DMCH, 2,800 miles round trip.  I was a bit nervous at first,
but now I know I can drive it anywhere.  I bought my Delorean to
show AND to drive/have fun with, and that's what I'm doing!

Sandor
# 3002

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "stainlessilusion" <5n-@xxxx> wrote:
> Engine is still young compared to a 150 thousand, but mine's about
> click 70,000...still runs like a champ even after many years of
> sitting, and no doubt it will stay alive for a looong time. I tell
> yah, now that I think about it, this engine has been great. 5003
> never left me stranded, hasn't leaked out all over the ground...it
> ran a bit rough when I first got it but the cure was DRIVING IT!
> What's YOUR mileage?? -----Dani B. #5003
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman@xxxx>
wrote:
> > Ah...that must be why I use my 175,000 mile DeLorean as a daily
> driver,
> > and haven't had any issues that weren't "self imposed" in over 5
> years.
> >
> > That must be all those mechanical and electrical problems that
keep
> it
> > going!  I'll make sure it doesn't find out about them.  It might
> pull
> > one of those Warner Bros cartoon like things, where it suddenly
> just
> > falls apart when it realizes it.
> >
> > The PRV engine is probably one of the most reliable engines ever
> built.
> > I'd even venture to ask:  Has anyone on this mailing list has
ever
> had
> > an issue with their factory original PRV with less than 150,000
> miles on
> > it, that wasn't related to poor care and/or lack of regular
> scheduled
> > oil changes?
> >
> > Who has the highest mileage DeLorean out there anyway?  I know
Bill