[DML] Re: Electrical door lock fix + alarm? Suggestions?

[DML] Re: Electrical door lock fix + alarm? Suggestions?

I've had an LCD pager alarm installed in my car for years now with a
remote system (so much as a pine needle falls on the car the pager
will sound). I too still use the original solenoids with a remote
un/lock system and have never had a problem; solenoids look great
inside.  All it is-is the alarm module wired up to the wires that
activate the solenoids, (I'll get the wire colors to hook up to for
you tomorrow if you want them-they're back in the relay compartment).
Hit the button and the module sends a positive charge to one wire and
a negative to the other-almost like hitting the unlock button in the
car, hit it again and the opposite currents go in the wires locking
it back up. If you need additional info or install advice let me
know. -----Dani B. #5003

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Derek" <derek.grozio@xxxx> wrote:
> I am looking to add an alarm to my car as well as fix the door lock
problem. The car has the
> original solenoids and they work great, so I would prefer not to
replace them. I was looking
> at getting the lockzilla to prevent them from burning out, but
would also like to get an alarm
> and remote door unlock unit. Does anybody have such a setup and
could you explain how
> you did it? I was figuring a lockzilla plus the wings-a-loft remote
unlock+alarm unit. Do
> these two units work together without any problems, or does
installing the lockzilla reroute