Re: [DML] Re: Hello All

> DeLoreans *CAN* be reliable. Not every example out
> there is.

Correct.  Mine was a mini-restoration.  Car was 10k,
anywhere between another 12k-20k in parts/misc
items/tools.  I stopped counting after 12k; the
project car spiral was ominously close.  Casey's car
(the DeLorean owner who helped me restore mine) needed
a paint job on the rims, fascias, and a new headliner
- then his car was off and running.  Prefect
mechanical condition.  Dave is with you so you should
be fine especially if he's already "started" to say
so.

> cooling fan
> wiring (he may well have updated them).

I would personally make sure the entire relay system
is updated,cleaned, and all connections tightened.
Without a doubt though, cooling fan wiring = major
attention until it's safe.  Door locks should have
attention as well in terms of "being safe and
reliable".  Last thing you want is to go to TGIFridays
or Applebee's or wherever with everyone looking at you
while you struggle with a door handle that will NOT
open with force.

> If you can spare a week next June-ish (2006),
> there's going to be a
> big national DeLorean get together in the Chicago
> area:
> http://www.deloreancarshow.com
> Owners often travel to these events in little silver
> caravans.

If you miss DCS 2006, you just don't know how much
you'll miss out on.  Everything from BTTF cast stories
and DeLorean original worker stories and Twin turbo
engineers to DeLoreans being crashed into hotel rooms!
 Stuff you just don't want to miss ;).

> I'm sure Dave advised you to buy a Workshop Manual.
> To that, I'd add
> DMCH's reprint of Stainless Steel Illusion, the
> ubiquitous Gold
> Portfolio anthology, and as many Volvo B28/CI/CIS
> manuals as you can
> get your hands on (not generic Haynes/Chilton, but
> the official green
> factory manuals).

Not that this needs "in addition to" posted with it,
but I personally download/print/document/book ANYTHING
I see on the internet that is useful.  I practically
carry SpecialTAuto's reference pages with me, along
with some excellent tips and documentation from any
DeLorean website I can get my hands on.  Sometimes
those private/personal collections of information will
tell you things the "official" DeLorean manuals do not
tell you in plain site.  Other times, you may find
tricks and tips that aren't documented in any official
manual.  Good to attack a problem from all avenues if
you ask me.

My thoughts - now gimme my penny.  I'm saving for a
new binnacle =P.

Jeremiah

http://mail.yahoo.com