[DML] Re: Hello All

DeLoreans *CAN* be reliable. Not every example out there is. But if
Dave gave yours his blessing, I'm sure it will be as reliable as mine
(100 miles every day to two different schools).

DeLoreans look much more exotic than they in fact are. Thus, they
actually age quite nicely. There are a few design flaws that must be
attended to -- ask Dave about the trailing arm bolts and cooling fan
wiring (he may well have updated them). DeLorean frames are very
susceptible to road salt -- be careful driving yours in MD winters.
And I count myself among the owners who have concerns about age of the
fiberglass bodies, especially regarding the factory jacking points
(others owners do not worry about body age).

If you can spare a week next June-ish (2006), there's going to be a
big national DeLorean get together in the Chicago area:
http://www.deloreancarshow.com
The Mid Atlantic club gets together at least twice per year:
http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com
Owners often travel to these events in little silver caravans. One of
these days a fellow MD owner may even stage a Cannonball type run down
I-95 to surprise his unsuspecting relatives in Florida....

I'm sure Dave advised you to buy a Workshop Manual. To that, I'd add
DMCH's reprint of Stainless Steel Illusion, the ubiquitous Gold
Portfolio anthology, and as many Volvo B28/CI/CIS manuals as you can
get your hands on (not generic Haynes/Chilton, but the official green
factory manuals).

Bill Robertson