[DML] Re: Hello All (nice car)

Bernie,

My name is Rich Weissensel and I assisted Dave Swingle with the
refurbishing of VIN...6704 two winters ago.  Make sure to get all
the receipts and paperwork that Dave gave the previous owner, so
you do not have to double check things that already are done.

I also compiled a CD full of digital photos (mine and Dave's) of
the refurbishing job, so try to get that copy with car as well.
If you do not get the CD, I will make another one to give to Dave
that you can pick up next week, on your long drive east to MD.

You will also want to contact Ron Wester (GullWing Magazine) and
get the two back issues that contain the two part story of this
car's refurbishing, written by Dave and myself.  While you are at
it, sign up for a whole year subscription to GullWing as well.

As Dave mentioned earlier about this car, I do have a good memory
for repairs, so between Dave and I, I'm sure we can tell what the
status was of every part of that car (as of two winters ago), just
before the car was delivered back to the owner.

I have seen a few other replies to your post that would apply to
most DeLoreans, but not this one.  Virtually everything has been
checked out on this car (except the A/C - requested by the owner),
so there are very few mechanical issues that were not addressed.
You do not need to worry about any cosmetics unless something
happens on the way home.  This car's exterior is in great shape.
The only area needing cosmetic attention is the suspension parts
(the previous owner did not want to go that route at the time).

Here are a few other non-ebay photos of the car earlier this year.

http://www.dmcnews.com/BuyNSell/images/morepoell.html

Have a safe trip from Iowa to Maryland and if I have some time, I
will stop by Dave's to say Hi when you stop for your trip check.

Later,
Rich W.