Re: [DML] Fuel Pump Problem

Corey,

Chris is right, if you have a voltmeter and a large paperclip for the
RPM relay jumper, it won't take long to diagnose.

In case you don't have the manual for the car, maybe this will help.
I spent a long time tracking stuff down, even with the manual.

1) I can't recall if fuse 7 is numbered at the fuse box but it is the
middle fuse in the row closest to the front.

2) SpecialTAuto.com has a good diagram of a jumper for the RPM relay
and a photo of the relay itself.  This relay is the farthest to the
rear of three large relays that extend from front to back.  The front
one is located just aft and left of the fuse box.  My RPM relay hangs
at the end of a extender wire... not sure they all do.

3) The inertia switch is on the left wall under the driver's side
dash.

4) If you need help finding any of this stuff, feel free to drop me
email off-thread and I'll walk you through it on the phone or I can
send you some digital photos.

I just went through all of this myself and it did prove to be my
pump.  If it also proves to be your fuel pump and it's pretty new,
you might consider a heat shield between the radiator and the fuel
tank.  I nearly lost my new replacement pump the first week due to
overheating due to radiator air drawn by the fans heating the gas
tank to extreme temps. (I put a temp probe on the tank and saw it
happen.)  A shield has really cleaned that problem up.

Marv
#10820

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Chris Almy <chris.almy@xxxx> wrote:
> There are several components to the fuel pump circuit that can
cause this.
> Let's start at beginning of the circuit:
>
> Number 7 fuse - Is the fuse good? Contacts clean? Fuse box melted?
If the