Re: [DML] Fuel Pump Problem

There are several components to the fuel pump circuit that can cause this.
Let's start at beginning of the circuit:

Number 7 fuse - Is the fuse good? Contacts clean? Fuse box melted? If the
contacts are dirty, it can cause excessive heat which will melt the fuse
box and break the circuit.

RPM Relay - Do you have 12 volts on pin 30 of the wire harness? Does the
fuel pump run when you install a jumper between pins 30 and 87? If so,
replace the relay.

Fuel pump harness - Is there 12 volts on the white/purple wire (with the
RPM relay bypassed and the meter grounded at a known good ground). If so,
change the meter's ground to the black/purple wire. If you still have 12
volts, then the pump is bad. If you don't have a full 12 volts, then it's
your ground wiring.

Inertia switch - This switch cuts the fuel pump ground in an accident. Is
there a white dot indicating it was replaced in a recall? If not, it's
original and needs to be replaced.

Hope this helps,
Chris
VIN 4099