Re: [DML] VB Radio Harness.

Just some follow up info on how I used a harness that I bought from Videobob:
My new front speakers came with long enough wires to reach the stereo,
and they (Pioneer) had plugs on the ends of those wires.  I added
matching plugs directly to the stereo's harness and connected them.  I
used the same metallic ground concept Videobob explained already for
system ground.  I used constant +12 and accessory +12 from the harness
as intended.

Here's where I did something different:
I ran new wires for the rear speakers.  I then replaced, in the
factory harness, the positive rear and common ground leads with those
from my new wiring  I was able do do this by not cutting, but simply
pulling out the original leads for the rear speakers and common
grounds and using the leads from the other end of the purchased
harness (I soldered or crimped those to the new speaker wire).  With
that solution, I was able to wire up the harness almost exactly as
intended, just without the front speakers, and plug-n-play evermore.
In the future, if I or a future owner (over my dead body ;-)  ) needs
/ wants to replace the HU or speakers, it will be a very simple,
plug-n-play, almost-as-documented affair.  And with modern-style,
separated grounds.

If this sounded like a confusing mess to someone who wants to emulate
it in the future, just send me an e-mail and I'll be glad to try and
explain it better.

Overall, I found Videobob's harness *very* satisfactory, and I like to
think the $3 premium over the cheaper source will help fund more
exploratory work to find other niche parts for the car.  Or a beer.
:-)

--Greg