[DML] Re: Hoses

Dave,
     I agree with your assessment.  Coming from NJ I don't think I
ever replaced a coolant hose in any of my cars.  However, out here
in Arizona they recommend replacing belts and hoses every two
years.  Due to the extreme dryness, cracking and failures are
common, particulary on 115+ degree summer days.  I replaced all the
hoses in my cars when I moved out here from NJ in late 2001.  The
two that are parked in my climate controlled garage are still doing
well with only one hose failure in 4 years.  However, my SUV parked
outside every day did not fair as well.  So far I've lost a belt and
hose this year and found what appeared to be in imminent failure on
another.  4 years is about right if you're dealing with extreme heat
and lack of humidity.  I wish Rob made a silicone hose kit for my
other cars....:)

Matthew
VIN 16816