[DML] Re: Valley of death - 3-in-one

What I think you found in the cavities was not so much road dirt as it
was the dried up remnants of anti-freeze. On one car I did it looked
like golden sand, I thought the car was on fire once and someone
poured sand on it to put it out! When it gets wet it can turn acidic
and eat through the aluminum. The real problem is leaks which cause
the problem in the first place. The deflector plate sounds like a good
idea to me because it will make the leaks more readily apparant. The
way it is now if the leaks are small (which they usually are in this
area) you never notice them because the heat of the motor evaporates
the anti-freeze so you never see it under the car. It would be great
if you could stick the one you made in a photo-copy machine and make a
full size template.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757