[DML] Re: Repect

I agree with everything that has been written on the subject. There
should be protocol for this event because JZD was a classy man, and
his family and friends deserve nothing short of that in their time of
grief. At the same time we shouldn't lose sight of the type of man
JZD was in life: he was a flamboyant, over the top, dramatic, movie
star type person. I am certain that a large group of DeLorean owners
showing up at his wake would be just the sort of thing he would have
appreciated. In life he did everything with the utmost style and
flash, and I'm sure in death he'd want it the same way. So yes, if
you want to attend this event and you have the means to go
(especially in your car) then I think it's not only appropriate, it's
something we almost owe this man for dedicating his life to these
automobiles each of us enjoy so much. Look what he went through the
last 23 years because of the DMC-12... we owe him some sort of nod.

Louie Golden
VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tom Watkins <outatime81@xxxx> wrote:

> Hope this doesn't piss anyone off BUT.....To those who are going to
the funeral, it's been said a couple of times to be repsectful at the
services but lets say it how it should be said....
> Don't be idiots only thinking of yourself or how your car looks by
bringing wipes and rags to polish it while in the parking lot.  We
all know there are some who don't have the social sensibilty to "get
it" so lets make it clear.   It would be crass to make it into a
rally, crusin' trip,  make-shift car show, loud pumping stereos
blaring etc.... it's not the time or place.   Wear a suit and not T-
Shirts, jeans, baseball hats etc........lets show the world that
DeLorean owners are class people especially in times like these.
There will most likely be T.V. crews there.  Don't embarrass the
family or our community by being stupid and thoughtless.   We can all
go crazy in 2006 in Chicago and express ourselves more with tributes
and such.

> I know that the majority of you WILL be totally repectful and know
how to handle yourself.  It's the small minority that I'm concerned
about.   Maybe we should appoint someone to "thump" anyone who acts
stupid!!!  Just a thought.  Pass on the good wishes for all of us who
can't make it.