[DML] PRV Performance / 6 Speed trans

I have spent extended periods of time looking through
Fred's "black book".  Although the information in
there is interesting from a historical point of view,
and represents a lot of hard work by talented people,
there was no "recipe" in there.  Even if you had that
book, you would need to spend thousands of dollars to
re-create a legend engine.  Keep in mind, I think the
"S" option was supposed to retail for like $4000 in
1984.  Adjust for inflation, and it is not a cheap
option to add.

And, with all due respect to Legend and Mr. Dellis,
they had design limitations set by DMC and were
working with base 1970's technology they were trying
to bring up to 1980's technology.  It is 2005 now, and
there are a lot more performance options available.

I have evaluated it OVER and OVER again.  YES you can
get lots of HP from a PRV, but the cost of it is
prohibitive.

Are you going to share your information on converting
a DMC gearbox to 6 speed with us??  I'd love to do
this to my car.

--- therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas@xxxxxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> Wheather it's DMCH, DMUK, or Fred Dellis up on stage
> taunting
> everyone with his black portfolio saying, "All the
> hard work I ever
> did to create the Legend turbo motors, and the
> formulas and
> modification instructions for installation that I
> created are in this
> book. But I'm not gonna share it!" Facts are facts,
> and it's a
> straight out fact that I'm tired of this crap! Help
> us out! 'cause no
> one here is getting any younger, and everyone seems
> to want to take
> this "knowlege" to their graves with them.
<SNIP>

> And transmissions are of no concern. The UN-1 has
> been in use for
> many years in GT-40 kit cars, and can/has been
> easily beefed up.
> Hell, you can swap the internals and make your car
> into a 6-speed!
<SNIP>

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!